In this brief buying guide, we want to help you find the best air purifier for allergies. Allergy relief is a common problem amongst household owners because they find it almost impossible to cure. However, there is a myriad of air purifying products that can aid in improving the air quality of your home.
We will discuss the top 3 air purifying products that will be an asset to your home. You’ll have enough knowledge and confidence to purchase the right air purifier suited for your needs by the end of this article.
Top 3 Best best air purifier for asthma and allergies On The Market
Here, we review the top 3 air purifiers in the market. Each of them has specific features that make them stand apart from competing products. No matter which one you buy, you’ll have a high-quality purifier that will prevent allergic reactions from happening in your home.
Last update on 2022-09-30 PST - Details
What is The Best Air Purifier For Asthma And Allergies? Keep reading to find out!
1. HONEYWELL HEPA ALLERGEN REMOVER - Best Car Vaccum
- EXTRA-LARGE ROOM AIR PURIFIER – Honeywell HPA300 HEPA Air Purifier helps provide cleaner, fresher air. Recommended for extra-large rooms (465 sq. feet), HEPA Filtration helps capture up to 99.97% of microscopic airborne particles.
- HELPS REDUCE PARTICLES - This HEPA air purifier has 4 air cleaning levels including Turbo Clean. It helps capture the following microscopic airborne particles: dirt, pollen, pet dander, and smoke.
- EFFECTIVE AIR CLEANING AND CIRCULATION – The Honeywell HPA300 Air Purifier filters and circulates air in Extra-large 465 sq. ft. rooms up to 4.8 times an hour.
- ALLERGEN PLUS SERIES – This Honeywell HEPA Air Purifier is part of our Allergen Plus series. This product earned the ENERGY STAR label by meeting strict energy efficient guidelines set by the U.S. EPA.
- COMPATIBLE DOES NOT MEAN COMPARABLE PERFORMANCE – For best performance, use only Genuine Honeywell air purifier filters. Compatible air purifier filter replacements are not guaranteed to offer the same performance or efficiency.
Last update on 2022-09-30 PST - Details
Starting off our list is the Honeywell HEPA Allergen Remover. It’s designed for extra large rooms that are up to 465 sq feet. Also, it comes with a five-year warranty which is ideal for situations where emergency repairs are needed.Getting this product ensures that your home will remain allergen and bacteria free.
When using this product, we’ve noticed that it uses three filtering elements. Each of these elements is used to trap the harmful particles in the air and return clean, and natural air. The carbon pre-filter in the back of the device must be replaced monthly to maintain its effectiveness.
We recommended having extra filters to make the replacement process easier.
Remove the plastic covering from the filters before using the device. Keeping the plastic on is dangerous and can result in a fire if left unattended. Taking off the plastic from the elements and the carbon filter ensures that the filters work properly at removing contaminated air within your living space.
There are some air purifiers that emit a loud and obnoxious sound. However, the Honeywell Allergen Remover doesn’t have this trait. It’s so quiet that consumers compared its sound to a small fan when it is in use. Get this product if you are in need a quality allergen removerthat stays in the background throughout its operation.
Another thing that’s desirable is its air circulation. You want a purifier that can keep your air flow free from all unnecessary particles. These particles can get into your lungs and cause permanent cellular damage if you’re regularly exposed to them. This product’s carbon pre-filter serves as a shield by removing the odors which in turn keeps the air properly circulated.
Watch out for the replacement filters though. Some consumers complain that they can get a bit expensive. Make sure to have a few extra dollars in your budget if you need a replacement filter.
Still, it’s one of the best air filters for allergies. Its multiple filters allow it to capture a larger capacity of air particles than competing devices. You should get this product if you have a large space and need something to decontaminate the air as effective as possible.
2. LEVOIT AIR PURIFIER - best room air purifier for allergies
- NEUTRALIZE SMOKE&ODORS: The rapid clean air delivery rate and High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter work together to quickly neutralize airborne pollutants in your home, adsorbing pet smells, cigarette smoke, and VOCs
- IDEAL FOR ALLERGIES: The H13 True HEPA Filter is superior to H11, capturing at least 99.97% of airborne particles 0.3 microns in size, including dust, pollen, pet dander and smoke particles; This helps relieve allergy symptoms like sneezing, congestion, and difficulty breathing
- SLEEP ALL NIGHT: The air purifier filters the air with noise levels as low as 27dB, helping you sleep deeply with a restful and soothing indoor environment; The LED Display can be turned off so it won’t keep you awake at night
- MAXIMUM PURIFICATION: Recommended for large rooms; Completely filters air in large living rooms, family rooms & playrooms about every 30 minutes (2 times an hour at 720 square feet) on high
Last update on 2022-09-30 PST - Details
Next up is the Levoit Air Purifier. It comes with three filters that are used to capture and trap air particles in your living space.
The preliminary filter captures mold, bacteria, fungi, and pet dander. It then filters them out: giving safe and healthy air. Second, the true HEPA filter handles the dust mites, pollen, and larger particles lying around. Lastly, the carbon filter removes odorous smells from gasses that emit from cooking and smoking.
It’s Air Quality Indicator gives the purifier a huge advantage in comparison to competing products. The purifier adjusts its fan speed about the quality of the air that’s in the room. A LED display will light up to indicate exactly how good or bad your air level is in your living space.
The colors range from red (worst), yellow (moderate), green (good), and blue (excellent). When at red, the purifier will increase its speed to the maximum level. By the time it turns green, it will run at a low speed. Once it hits blue, the quality is almost perfect, and it will undergo sleep mode. Use this product if you want something that works to maintain the air quality in your home.
This air purifier gives off a loud noise when in operation. For those with sensitive hearing, try to look for a quieter alternative.
Overall, the Levoit Air Purifier is one of the best HEPA air purifier for allergies. The multiple HEPA filters tracks and removes unwanted air particles that can be fatal for users with a certain medical condition. For those who need a device that checks the air quality while still providing a large amount of utility, this purifier is might be a great choice.
3. HONEYWELL TOWER AIR PURIFIER - best true hepa air purifier
- OSCILLATING AIR PURIFIER – Honeywell HFD-120-Q QuietCleanOscillating Air Purifiermakesthe air in yourhome cleaner. It circulates air in a medium room(up to 170 sq. ft)&helps capture up to 99% of airborne particles as small as 2 microns
- HELPS REMOVE DUST AND MORE -This quietair purifierhas 3 air cleaning levels that can help remove particles like pet dander, pollen, dustandsmoke. Also hasan on/off oscillation control and LED touch button control panelfor easy adjustment
- EFFECTIVE AIR CLEANING AND CIRCULATION –Honeywell Air Purifiers for homefilter and circulate air up to 5 times an hourin the stated room size–120x per day. You can breathe easy knowing the air in your home is fresher, cleaner and has fewer allergens
- PERMANENT FILTERS –This home air purifierincludes a permanent washable filterand 2 pre-filters to choose from.One is installed and washable, or the other pre-filter helps reduce odors and VOCs.For washable filters,simply rinse with water and let dry
- A BRAND YOUCAN TRUST–Backed with a 5-year warranty, Honeywell air purifiersare a trusted partner in the fight against airborne particles
Last update on 2022-09-30 PST - Details
Last but not least is the Honeywell Tower Air Purifier. It’s powerful enough to capture at least 18 times the pollutants than competing products. It features a strong filtration systemthat removes about 99% of airborne allergens that are at least 2 microns or higher.
The purifier has a 3-step filtration process. First, a washable pre-filter captures large particles such as fur, hair, dust and lint. Next, it has a high-performance filter that traps the fine particles such as a dirt, dust, smoke, and pet dander. Lastly, the purifier comes with an ionizer that helps shoot out negative ions in the air.
Due to the 3-step process users experienced great results with this product. For instance, they’ve experienced cleaner and safer air within their households. The air purifier works with an ionizer to ensure that the allergens are completely removed from the atmosphere. You’ll like this product if you need something with improved air circulation and air control.
The filter quality is a major concern. Consumers stated that the filters don’t capture dust as accurately as advertised. Make sure to buy a replacement if you see this problem arise.
Mainly, the Honeywell Tower Air Purifier is a great entry level air purifier. It’s quiet and has a useful ionizer that keeps the correct ions flowing within your home. Also, it’s rated as one of the best home air purifiers for allergies. Getting this product ensures that you’ll have healthier air circulation throughout your household.
HOW CAN AIR PURIFIERS HELP YOU WITH YOUR ALLERGY
A common question that consumers ask is “what is the best air purifier for allergies?”
And the correct answer is “It depends.” There is a multitude of allergies out there, and you need to know which purifier can do the most for you.
Here are a few common household allergies that are treated through the use of air purifiers:
These are the most common allergens found in your home. Dust mites are microscopic insects that trigger asthmatic reactions and feed on human skin flakes. Their main habitats are in areas of 40% humidity and up to 75 degrees Fahrenheit.
You’ll want to have an air purifier that comes with a HEPA filter to deal with dust mites. Dust mites are within the 0.3 micron range because they are hard to see in the human eye. Through the use of HEPA filters, dust mites are easily captured and removed due to their powerful filtration mechanisms.
Black Mold is a common threat amongst American Household. It tends to grow in dark environments such as the basement in your house. You need to have a purifier that has an ionizer feature to combat this harmful air pollutant.
Mold tends to grow on the walls in your house. This is a dangerous situation especially if you have drywalls in your home. Your drywalls will have to be replaced with a new set which can cause thousands of dollars. Because of this, you need something that can eliminate mold before it becomes a larger issue.
This pest is an allergen that can trigger people who have asthma. Cockroaches are in issue in inner city regions and Southern regions of the United States. If your house or room has a moisture level that is above 50%, chances are you might come in contact with them.
Buying an air purifier is one method to prevent cockroaches from reaching your home. Keeping your house free from air pollutants allows your house to remain clean and safe from cockroaches. Invest in an air purifier if you believe that your house is infested with roaches.
Most people don’t think that pollen can plague their households. This is a common myth because you can attract pollen on your shoes in your clothes during summer weather.
In fact, your pets can be a catalyst for pollen as well. Which can lead to people to assume that they’re allergic to the pets when they are allergic to the pollen that’s attached to their fur. Because of this, you should get an air purifier to prevent this secret allergen from infesting your home.
Cigarettes are not a traditional allergen by any means. However, they can trigger allergic reactions and can be dangerous for people who have asthma. Second-hand smoke is the leading cause of pain for asthmatics and should be avoided as much as possible.
The smoke from cigarettes emits gasses that can irritate the bronchial passages in the body. For asthmatics, this is very dangerous because their bronchial passages are already inflamed. Also, smoke can increase the severity of asthma attacks which can lead permanent damage to your overall health.
You’ll want an air purifier with a filter that can capture the smoke from cigarettes. It should be robust enough to remove at least 0.3 microns and other toxic gasses that can pollute your living space.
WHAT IS THE HEPA STANDARD
To understand the HEPA standard, you must also know the difference between HEPA and True HEPA filters. The main difference between them is the accuracy of their particle collection and the size of the particles that they can collect.
The HEPA standard is a procedure that is used to measure the efficiency of the filter. To pass the test, the filter must be able to remove up to 99.7% of the allergen particles that are found in the air. Also, it must be able to capture particles that are up to 0.3 microns in size that pass through the filter. If it passes, then it’s considered a True HEPA filter.
If the HEPA filter passes the standard examination, then it's considered a True HEPA filter. This is great because it means that it’s going to be effective at cleaning and clearing up the air. However, regular HEPA filters collect up to 99% of the particles and are used to capture them up to 2 microns.
Most of these particles are too small for the human eye to see. That doesn’t make them any less dangerous. If inhaled, these particles can have some serious long-term effects on your respiratory and general health.
You’ll want to get a filter that passes the HEPA Standard. If it does, chances are you’ll have something that can quickly regulate the airflow within your living space. These filters are effective and should be taken into consideration when looking for an air purifier.
The Honeywell HEPA Allergen Remover is the winner. Unlike other products on this list, this one offers the most versatility. It comes with three element filters and a pre-filter which all work together to remove harmful air particles in your house. Consumers find this purifier one of the best purifier for dust mites as it captures and removes them from the atmosphere.
Ultimately, air purifiers are starting to become more demanded in today’s market. As technology improves, more efficient purifiers are manufactured. This gives the consumer an advantage because it makes it easier for them to receive a cleaner and healthier air space. Shortly, expect to see high-quality purifiers at an affordable price for the average consumer.
Do you have any experience with air purifiers?
Leave a comment below and let us know what you think.
Related Reviews: Best Shop Vacs for Drywall Dust