Are you embarrassed to shake hands with friends and strangers?
Are they slimy and wet in summer and winter?
Do you leave smudge marks on your keyboards and wet marks on documents?
I know it is embarrassing and even debilitating to deal with palms that refuse to dry. You must have asked yourself a million times as did I how to get rid of sweaty hands?
You are not alone my friend; it is estimated that almost 5% of the entire population suffer from sweaty palms which are medically known as Hyperhidrosis. The inability to shake hands, or even hold a sweetheart’s hands has devoured careers and relationships devastating an individual monetarily, socially and emotionally.
Hyperhidrosis is related to the sympathetic nerve which controls our fight or flight response. And that is the reason that our hands turn clammy when we are anxious or nervous.
After struggling for several years in silence and losing dear friends on the way, I finally took the matter into my hands (literally). Today, I can confidently tell you that you don’t have to carry the cross of sweaty palms forever; listed below are methods that will provide the solution to your query on how to get rid of sweaty hands.
Remedies for Sweaty Palms
- Home remedies
- Over the counter treatment
- Lifestyle changes
- Medical intervention.
The How To Do It Section
Now that we know what to do, let’s learn how to do them in the most beneficial way.
1. How To Apply Talcum Powder
- Wash your hands: First and foremost wash your hands with soap and water and dry them with a towel.
- Dry them: Now cool your hands by keeping them in front of fan or an air conditioner.
- Apply powder: Sprinkle baby powder or cornstarch or baking soda lightly on your palms and dust of the excess with a tissue. Remember too much powder will cake up and become an irritant by itself.
2. How To Make Apply Cider Vinegar Solution
- Take 1 liter of tap water and pour in a basin.
- Add ½ cup of apple cider vinegar and stir well.
- Soak your palms for 15-20 minutes
- Take a glass of warm water
- Add two heaped teaspoonful of apple cider vinegar
- Stir thoroughly and have on empty stomach early in the morning.
- You can also rub your palms with ACV to curb sweating.
3. How To Make Tomato Juice
- Take a small basin and pour tomato juice in it.
- Soak your palms for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash if off with soap and water and towel dry your palms.
- Repeat this process once in a day.
- Drink 1-2 glasses of fresh tomato juice every morning for one week.
- The second week onwards drink on alternate days
4. How to make sage tea
- Boil a pot of water and add 4-5 fresh sage leaves to it. Alternatively add 2- 3 tea bags.
- Let the leaves steep for 15-20 minutes.
- Let it cool completely.
- Soak your hands in this concoction for 20 minutes every day before bed time.
5. How To
To attain maximum benefits from antiperspirant, follow the below method which I have tried with amazing results.
- Always apply the antiperspirant at night before bedtime.
- Wash your hands with soap and water and towel dry them. Make sure the palms are completely dry.
- Do not cover the hands with gloves or any other cloth.
6. How To Do Iontopheresis
This medical procedure is painless and you will experience only a mild tingling. You can buy an Ionotopheresis kit on Amazon. But first talk to your doctor and do the first session in a doctor’s clinic.
DO NOT opt for this remedy if you have the following conditions:
- Metal Orthopedic Implants
- Cardiac Arrhythmia
- Skin Disease or Rash.
If you have cuts: apply petroleum jelly before procedure.
- Take two basins and fill them with just enough water to cover the palms.
- Your healthcare provider will turn on the machine and current will start flowing into the basis.
- You will feel a tingling sensation on your skin.
- You can control the current. Choose one voltage which is convenient for you.
- The session should be for 10-12 minutes only. You can try 20 minutes once you are comfortable.
- You can choose between pulse current and direct current. Though studies suggest direct current is more effective.
- For better results you can add salt or baking soda which will improve the conductivity.
7. How To Take Botox Injections
Though Botox has been proven advantageous in the treatment of sweaty palms it comes with the associated risks. These injections last for six months but are painful. You must ice them down.
- Select a doctor with experience and who knows what he or she is doing
- Clarify all your doubts
- Stop taking blood thinners like
- Ibuprofen, either generic or Advil, Aleve, or Motrin
- St. John's Wart
- Vitamin E
- Fish oil or Omega-3s
- Ginko Bilboa
- Avoid strenuous exercise
- Do not text.
- Do not take blood thinners till your doctor advises you to resume them.
- Starch in sprayed on the hands to identify the sweaty spots.
- Anesthesia is given in the wrist before Botox is injected into the problem area.
Do follow the doctor’s advice on how to take care of the hands immediately after the injections to prevent any permanent damage.
Regain your self-confidence and be ready to face the world like I did. It was a trying time no doubt, and it tested my patience, but I didn’t give up and that paid off. No more clammy palms, smudged papers, awkward handshakes for me. If you are here, I empathize with you. Hopefully, the tutorial has lightened the burden you had been carrying around.
So, are you ready to put what you learned here to practice? Have you found answers to all your questions on how to get rid of sweaty hands? Please feel free to leave a comment in the box below. You can share your success stories too.
If you like the tutorials don’t forget to share with your friends.